WordPress started out as a simple blogging platform and through the years has developed into the world’s leading Content Management System. People all over the world use it to create fully functioning websites, blogs, e-commerce stores and much more.
The popularity of WordPress is increasing all the time, mainly thanks to the many features and benefits that it can provide a company. Somewhat naturally, many web hosts began offering shared hosting plans, especially for this CMS, increasing its immense popularity even further. You can consult this incredibly detailed case study on the best WordPress hosting to find the company that can take your site to the next level.
If you are still wondering whether WordPress is the site building solution for you, check out 10 of the top facts surrounding this amazing platform:
1. 28% of the websites around the work are powered by WordPress. This works out to a staggering 74,652,825 sites, a number that is steadily growing! There are many reasons why so many companies are choosing to use WordPress over other website building platforms, but the most common reason is how easy it is to use and how flexible it is.
2. there have been 32 versions of WordPress released so far. Each version differs slightly, and the one that is right for you depends on what you want to use it for. There is the official full version, the free blog hosting service, the multi-user version and various others.
3. WordPress is available in over 72 different languages, making it the perfect platform for people to use all over the globe. The company can help you to translate WordPress into your language at any time by simply logging in to the translation platform.
4. 11 Fortune 500 companies use WordPress, which means it must be doing something right! Some of these companies include eBay, Sony and UPS to name just a few.
5. WordPress hosts huge events that are known as WordCamp. All the organisers and speakers at the event are unpaid volunteers. Last year there were 115 WordCamps in 41 countries.
6. If you choose to use WordPress, then one of the many perks is the huge choice of themes that are available to make your site look exactly how you want it. There is a new WordPress default theme released every year, with the average theme price being $57.54.
7. WordPress is without a doubt the most popular website creation tool in the world. It is 10 times more popular than Joomla and 8.9 times more popular than Drupal, the other two leading website building platforms.
8. If you are a WordPress developer, the chances are you could be earning some big money. The average yearly salary for a WordPress developer in the USA is $71,547.
9. WordPress also caters to building e-commerce sites. There is a plugin named WooCommerce, which powers over 28% of all online stores and provides an easy way for businesses to sell products via their website.
10. Overall there are 52.182 WordPress plugins that are available to download in order to make your site work perfectly. Some of the most popular plugins include Akismet, Yoast SEO, Jetpack and Contact Form 7.
Source: (Guest Post)